Webinar Title: Introduction to T-SQL Over Clause
Description: T-SQL OVER clause is a very powerful way to perform advanced data manipulation using relatively simple code. OVER clause can be used with aggregate functions to perform aggregation on the "final output" before the result is returned.
This webinar is for people who:
- Are confident with basic SQL queries that involve GROUP BY, HAVING clause and Aggregations.
- Never used OVER Clause or found it confusing.
- People who would like to perform more advanced aggregations that use "final output"
This webinar will not cover:
- SQL basics (GROUP BY, basic use of aggregate functions)
- We will not cover Ranking Function or Analytic Functions that will be covered in separate webinars.
You should be prepared to:
- Get visual and real life explanation and examples.
- Answer questions during the webinar.
- Do queries on your PC and submit the result during the webinar.
- You should have AdventureWorksDW2012 installed on your PC/Laptop
- Typical scenarios where OVER clause can help us (You will later do it yourself!)
- GROUP BY and why basics are important to master OVER Clause.
- Introduction to OVER Clause
- Using ORDER BY with OVER (not be confused with main ORDER BY Clause)
- Using PARTITION BY with OVER