In this step by step SQL Tutorial I will show you how to use MIN aggregate function. For the purpose of this tutorial I will use SQL Server 2012.
Other Versions of SQL Server:
- SQL Server 2012
- This blog post has been written using SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2008 / R2
- The examples we used should work in SQL Server 2008 and R2
- SQL Server 2005
- We suspect that this will work in SQL Server 2005 as well
Who is it for?
- People who would like to learn basics of using functions.
- Those who are preparing for Microsoft certifications and need to cover this topic.
- MIN Function Introduction
- MIN Function Example
MIN Function - Returns the lowest available value based on the given set of rows.
MIN ( <<Input Field>> )
<<Input Field>> - Provide Field name that will be used to perform the MIN function logic.
In this example I will use AdventureWorks2012 database dbo.FactInternetSales table and show you how to use Min to display the smallest sales amount.
You can see below that I used MIN function and provided SalesAmount field so my result is the smallest Sales Amount value.
I hope that will help