In this step by step PowerPivot Tutorial I will show you how to using PowerPivot create new calculated measure. For the purpose of this tutorial I will use PowerPivot in Excel 2013.
Other Versions of Excel:
- PowerPivot Excel 2013 (v3)
- This blog post has been written using PowerPivot in Excel 2013
- PowerPivot Excel 2010 (v2) - SQL Server 2012
- Steps should be very similar in v2
- PowerPivot Excel 2010 (v1) - SQL Server 2008 R2
- Steps should be very similar in v1
I'm in PowerPivot window, home tab.
I click a cell in the column where I want to use COUNTA function. Next I select AutoSum and select Count from the drop down box.
Make sure you have "Calculate Area" selected as the calculated is below the data view but is not part of it.
We can see below our formula and you can change the name (first part), change formatting and "preview" the result.
Final step is to use it using Pivot Table and you can see below my final result.