April 2017 was definitely very emotional.
We simplified "become a member" with single low fee, and donation (optional) + we detect country and display local currency (if supported).
A lot of time went into usability improvements and bug fixes, and finally we reached a point where we can spend more time on creating new lessons, which we hope to do in May.
Who supported our effort in April?
We have 33 members (+13 in April) and that helped us to pay our dedicated server monthly bills, and also due to usability refinements and bug fixes we made in April, number of sign ups went up considerably in May, and we forecast May's new members sign up to be +30 to +50 which will help us to cover ALL our website bills, and reach a point where can do more and more (not just in our free time).
We had no donation in April '17. You can donate here.
Want to become a sponsor?
We introduced sponsorship, so if you run a business and would like to sponsor us, and at same time show your company logo or product to 12k/visitors a month then please reply to this email. Any amount is accepted, however sponsorship is limited to businesses who would like to support our vision, and we only accept sponsorship who is one of these categories:
1) Would like to just support us (nothing in return).
2) Have a business that our visitors and members would find useful.
3) Have a product that our visitors and members would find useful.
To become a sponsor simply reply to this email or contact us.
Need a speaker?
If you have a meeting room and organize events or would like to organize one (companies accepted), feel free to invite us to do a free session.
This is how it goes:
1) The events needs to be public + free of charge.
2) We do it for free of charge (If it is far away from Cambridge, UK, we are happy to do it, but travel costs would need to be covered).
3) We will do one of our existing sessions, or may do something new (if we find the time to prepare something good).
4) Has to be short notice. Our plans change reguarly (life of a contractor), so we prefer events that are up to 2 weeks in advance. We did Europe Tour at short notice and actually time limited events work quite well, and have high attendance rate.
If you think about inviting us simply reply to this email or contact us.
Katie & Emil