DIY Project Name: Reality or daydreaming?
Project goal: The goal of this project is to estimate our finance "balance" (1st of month) in the last 3 years, get data from various accounts and compare actual data with our predictions to find out if our predictions were realistic or more like daydreaming.
- Estimated (prediction) of balance for each for last 3 years.
- Note: this is one balance per month and does not have to be split by account.
- Balance data (1st of each month) from all accounts for the last 3 years (unless balance is fairly static or balance value is insignificant). Accounts examples are:
- Bank Accounts.
- Credit Cards.
- PayPal etc.
- Saving Account.
- A graph that will show predicted balance vs actual balance (which is a sum of all balances for each account).
- Major Asset value (reported separately) for instance:
- Value of house (minus outstanding mortgage)
- Value of a car (after taking into consideration car depreciation)
- Refundable Deposits etc.
- Assets value split by month (part of balance as opposed to separate calculation).
- Transactions from each account as this would be too time consuming and will be handled in a separate project.
Task #1 - Design the database.
Task #2 - Find accounts and input data.
Task #3 - Create prediction vs actual balance graph.
Task #4 - Making a decision.
There are also some tasks related to assets which you could do, however we will not provide details for these as they are optional and we won't to have these as higher difficulty task which will rely more on creative of finding solutions on your own.