DIY Project Name: Money In and Money Out
Project goal: In previous project (Reality vs Daydreaming) we focused on a very quick analysis of balance each month. This project is more in depth and technically demanding as our focus will be to graph 6 months worth of data from all or key accounts, combine it together and then produce some reports that will focus on our money in and money out analysis.
- Integrate data from multiple sources of data (multiple accounts) in a way that will allow to analyzed data from all accounts (and not individually).
- Create a graph that will show Money In / Money Out by month for the last 6 months from all accounts.
- Provide ability to filter the data by specific account (drill down).
- Analyze the results and come up with a plan to improve your financial situation.
- Introduce Targets for Money In / Money Out
- Create a graph that shows the a target as 100% and actual as a percentage (compated to target).
- You can also introduce second Y axis to show actual data (money in / Money out)
- Assets value split by month. This can help to take out assets that have a certain value (e.g. house, a car) should should make money in / money out analysis simpler.
- You could take 1 year of data and produce 3 months moving average graph for money in / money out which may help to identify trends.
- Categorisation of transactions.
Task #1 - Design the database.
Task #2 - Design ETL and Load data.
Task #3 - Create reports and analyze the data.
Task #4 - Make a decision, how to improve your financial situation.
You should also include in your tasks: