In this tutorial I will show you how to create an SSIS Project using SQL Server Integration Services 2008 R2 (Instruction should be very similar in 2008 and 2005).
How to create an SSIS Project
1) Open BIDS
You should have SQL Server (2005 or higher) installed on your machine with BIDS.
Go to Start // Programs // Microsoft SQL Server (with version you have installed) and open SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio
Below is example using Windows 7 and SQL Server 2008 R2.
1) Create new project
In BIDS select File // New // Project…
You will get new project dialog box where you should:
- Select Business Intelligence Projects in Project Types
- Select Integration Services Project in Templates:
- Give it a name (Try to avoid spaces for compatibility reasons)
- Remember or change location
- Click ok to create SSIS Project
I hope you found this tutorial useful. Feel free to post questions and comments below.
Click the following link to find out how to create SSIS Package
Hope that helps