In this step by step SQL Tutorial I will show you how to crate new Database. For the purpose of this tutorial I will use SQL Server 2012.
Other Versions of SQL Server:
- SQL Server 2012
- This blog post has been written using SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2008 / R2
- The examples we used should work in SQL Server 2008 and R2
- SQL Server 2005
- We suspect that this will work in SQL Server 2005 as well
Who is it for?
- People who would like to learn more how to new create database in SQL Server 2012
- Those who are preparing for Microsoft certifications and need to cover this topic.
I Open Object Explorer and find Databases folder
I click on Databses folder, and from drop down box I select New Databses.
In the New Database window I type Database name in this case Test and click OK.
I go back to the Databases folder and click Refresh.
Now my Database Test is visible.
Below I will show you how to create new database using script in SSMS 2012.
I open Object Explorer,AdventureWorksDW2012 database and open new query.
In the new query I type CREATE DATABASE DatabaseName statement.
I click Execute to run the query
In the Messages box I get information that my query was run successfully.
I go back to the Database folder to refreshed it.
Now in the Object Explorer my new database Test is visible.
I hope that help