Trainers: Katie & Emil
Boot camp: Become an SSRS Developer in 10 weeks!
What is a boot camp? For more information visit KEBI Academy Boot Camp page
Description: This is a 10 weeks boot camp that will help you become an SSRS Developer.
Duration: 10 weeks
Starting date: 20th September
Time: Check registration page and set time zone to avoid any confusion*
Meeting Time: Every Saturday
Effort: You should be able to do at least 10h a week of self-study and practice.
- Willing to learn and work in a group (discussions).
- Can do attitude.
- You get an error message and you think 'Aha an opportunity to learn something new'. If that's you than you qualify, if not but you believe you can be like that than you also qualify.
- Able to attend the meeting every Saturday at 7pm UK time.
- If you cannot make it you will receive power point slides and we will try to make webinar recording available (but this may not always happen).
- At least basic knowledge of T-SQL or be prepared to study harder and pick up this skill.
- PC/Laptop that has at least 3-4GB of RAM (memory) so you can install SQL Server (week 1).
What to expect?
- Emil will do a webinar every Saturday to:
- Discuss what you should learn next week.
- Provide you with a list of tasks.
- Provide you with a "Learning Plan" if you are a paid YouTube Subscriber:
- We will try to provide you with free learning resources (Microsoft) as well.
- Give you homework.
- Ask you to use KEBI Academy Community Page (Discussions) if you have any issues or problems.
What you will not get?
- There is no "one on one" with Emil.
- Emil will expect students to help each other via community page and will only engage in the conversations if necessary.
Please note Week 3 and 4 are non technical sessions (don't involve SSRS) and I believe they are critical elements of becoming an SSRS Developer and getting a job as most jobs on the market either require these skills or expect someone to have a good grasp in this area.
Boot camp schedule:
- Week 1 - Choices & Installation. [Recording]
- Week 2 - Building your first report. [Recording]
- Week 3 - Requirements Gathering (non technical). [Recording]
- I will request reports however it will be up to you to decide on the report design.
- I will also recommend to find your own end user or act as end user yourself.
- Week 4 - Draft report (non technical). [Recording]
- Week 5 - Report Key Features. [Recording]
- Week 6 - Make it PDF Friendly. [Recording]
- Week 7 - Deploying a report & Security. [Recording]
- Week 8 - Building a dashboard. [Recording]
- Week 9 - SSRS Snapshots. [Recording]
- Week 10 - Applying for SSRS Jobs [Recording]
- I will provide Job Search & CV Tips related to SSRS Roles.