We have asked ourselves "What is the most valuable experience for those willing to work on BI projects (different roles)"?
Answer? Work on a real life project in a team!
We have decided to run 4 weeks boot camps where we will organize 5 people teams that will have one project and one goal to achieve.
- Find 5 candidates that will fill in 5 roles:
- BI Analyst / Product Owner (Requirements Gathering and UAT Testing)
- Reports Developer (SSRS or Excel and Unit Testing)
- ETL Developer (SSIS or Power BI)
- Scrum Master / Project Manager
- DBA (Infrastructure, Permissions, Version Control and System Testing)
- In case someone resigns another team member will have to pick up the tasks or the team can decide to find a replacement.
- We will select a Project Manager / Scrum Master from members who will apply for the role.
- The project manager will have 2-3 weeks to find the team.
- Candidates (members) will be able to apply on our website and will have an interview with project manager.
- Project Manager can delegate responsibilities and can ask new member to help with recruiting more people.
- Each boot camp will have very specific goal and we will use the following "industry".... personal life; which everyone knows.
- For instance the project goal might be "Save on electricity" and will involve getting data from each members household (I suggest using real data but you can use fake data), integrating the data, data analysis, reports/dashboard and real decisions for instance how to save money in each household.
- Each team will have to manage their own work.
- It will be up to the team to decide on solution design.
- It will be up to the team to track progress.
- Team will have to organize how to communicate between each other.
At this stage we are recruiting for people who will act as Project Managers / Scrum Master. If you are interested please Contact us.